- 2021-05-17 12:05:47 - Create and sell online courses from your own website at LearnWorlds LearnWorlds
- 2021-05-14 12:39:57 - 99.9% uptime at ExtStock ExtStock (3)
- 2021-05-11 10:03:14 - Use promo code to save 40% on family tree heritage. Individual Software
- 2021-05-11 10:03:14 - Save 20% on your first auto-delivery purchase! 5 Star Nutrition
- 2021-05-10 11:22:23 - Shop Buzz.co.nz Today and Save! You Can Buy 2 and Get 50%… BannerBuzz.com
- 2021-05-06 10:03:51 - 96% OFF on exactvisitor at SaaS Mantra SaaS Mantra
- 2021-05-05 07:27:19 - 100 Night Trial Find the latest deals and discounts at Singles Day Emma Sleep (9)
- 2021-04-28 15:04:18 - 15% OFF on your first order HobbyKing (2)
- 2021-04-22 12:02:58 - 40% OFF sitewide InVideo (8)
- 2021-04-22 12:02:58 - 30% OFF all blazer bars Vapor4Life
- 2021-04-19 15:12:58 - 25% off selected Criterion Furniture clearance items TheMarket
- 2021-04-16 16:06:03 - 40% OFF Reseller Hosting New customers only Hoopla Hosting
- 2021-04-13 10:03:25 - Kids Stay Free - Protur Hotels, Majorca & Almeria, Spain Protur Hotels
- 2021-04-08 10:03:16 - Get the hero9 black bundle + 1-year subscription to GoPro for only… GoPro (5)
- 2021-04-08 10:03:16 - 30% discount on watchdog anti-malware WatchDog Development
- 2021-04-05 10:03:43 - Create a custom video player at Rumble Rumble
- 2021-04-04 03:03:08 - RaveOS is now free for 2miners users RaveOS (20)
- 2021-03-29 11:04:05 - Golf at StubHub StubHub
- 2021-03-29 11:04:05 - 20% OFF selected style steals at FitFlop FitFlop (1)
- 2021-03-29 11:04:05 - 25% OFF current faves at Madewell! Madewell
What is Singles Day?
Singles Day is the best-selling shopping event in the world. More sales are achieved on Singles Day than on Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.
That sounds strange to us. Singles Day was hardly known to date, while Black Friday is becoming more and more popular. In 2018, "Black Friday" was the 9th most googled item. But you searched in vain for Singles Day in the top 100 and in the top 1000.
But why is Black Friday so much more famous than Singles Day? Why are there actually two shopping events? And can you get just as good or even better bargains on Singles Day as on Black Friday? I will explain this to you in this article.
Differences between Singles Day and Black Friday
Both days are very important shopping events. These are the differences:
- Singles Day is mostly known in Asia, Black Friday is better known in Europe and USA
- Singles Day clearly achieved more sales than on Black Friday
- Singles Day is mainly limited to 24 hours (with exceptions), Black Friday lasts a whole week for many retailers
- Singles Day is always on the same date (November 11) but on an ever-changing day of the week, Black Friday is always on Friday, but always on a different date
- In New Zealand, more retailers participate in Black Friday than on Singles Day (so far ...)
Singles Day in New Zealand
The shopping event is not well known in New Zealand.
Until 2017, only a few small shops took part in the event.
In 2017, the first stores imported Singles Day to New Zealand. For example:
- H&M : 11% off everything
- Interdiscount : many bargains during Singles Week
- Hunkemöller : 20% discount on everything
- Nike : 11% extra on sale
Apparently with little success. Interdiscount has decided not to be part of it in 2018 with its own offers. Many other retailers are completely different.
Last year, many more retailers took part in Singles Day. The event was also well received by customers. About 2.5x the turnover of a normal Sunday was achieved.
Which stores participate in Singles Day 2021 ?
Unfortunately, this cannot be said as of today. The dealers only decide for or against participation in a relatively short period of time. In addition, many dealers will not publicly announce their participation in order not to get the competition in that spot.
We will update this article when we hear from other participants.
The Story of Singles Day
Singles Day originated at Nanjing University in China. Some students first celebrated their independence in 1993. This trend has spread more and more. Resourceful shops and restaurants noticed this and offered special offers and deals on this day.
The shopping event was made really big by the AliBaba Group, of which mainly AliExpress in New Zealand, possibly also heard of AliPay, AliBaba, Taobao or Tmall. A few years ago they secured the rights to the "11.11" trademark.
Due to globalization and the fact that Chinese stores such as AliExpress or Gearbest increasingly deliver to New Zealand and customers from Europe, this trend slowly turned to New Zealand. For example, Singles Day is becoming increasingly popular in Germany.
It is unclear whether Singles Day can replace Black Friday in New Zealand or whether both store events will continue. This will be seen in the coming years.
One thing is certain: the importance of Singles Day and discount codes in New Zealand will increase significantly in the coming years. Deals will come from more and more stores and the offers just keep getting better.
The entire content of this site is copyrighted (all rights reserved © 2021).